Wednesday 12 November 2014

Work in Progress






I've been so busy lately painting for my exhibition at The Glorious Art House next year and also for a Christmas art fair in Falmouth that my mum and I were asked to join. I'll be selling smaller canvases and maybe prints too.

I've been working in my mum's studio which is at the bottom of her garden. It's been great having the space and time to just get on with things and not be interrupted by daily life. There is also a wood burner which is SO nice; being warm whilst working is a definite luxury.

The photographs above are for the Christmas show and below are for the exhibition in February (using my Virgin of Guadalupe series) All these photographs are of my work in progress, they are still to be resined and then overpainted.





My mum's studio is the most wonderful place to work in, there is so much to look at, it's a very enriching experience. I never wear anything fancy for days in the studio as I am commonly recognised as the messiest person in existence; I end up with paint on my sleeves and in my hair! I always wear one of my two pairs of jeans (501s of course!) and a nice printed tee (helps mask the paint better!), this particular one is Celia Birtwell for Uniqlo which I got for a meagre £2.50 in their sale last year. Red lipstick is about my only attempt at looking less messy.

Right! It's back to studio, I have lots to do. I'm off to London tomorrow and I want to try and get a few canvases resined so they are ready when I return next week. I'm so excited to catch up with friends and see lots of exhibitions (particularly Anarchy & Beauty: William Morris and His Legacy at the NPG). I love London at this time of year, it's much colder than Cornwall, I've been finding it odd how warm it is here so it'll be nice to feel the crisp chill!

P.s spy my mum right at the bottom, painting away!









X

6 comments:

  1. Great photos! I really love your mom's studio with all the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel the creative energy jumping off the page here. What a magnificent environment to work in. And I love to see artists at work. Paint away! Mess is best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing!! What a gorgeous studio, so colourful and full of energy :))) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow your mum's studio is amazing! It looks like such a great place to work in. Best wishes with your exhibition next year too!

    Aida
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much colour and joy to drool over! You're art, darling! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're such a beauty and your Mum's studio is delicious. Youncouldn't help but feel inspired by a place like that. Xxx

    ReplyDelete