Thursday 22 May 2014

Morning Light








I found the perfect spot in my new home to take pictures, the light pours in and it makes me feel altogether saintly and great. My mum bought me this treasure of a waistcoat for Easter and today was its first outing, I love the embroidery, especially the little birds carrying flowers in their beaks.  

Its been really lovely unpacking all my things in my new place, they were in store for over 6 months so I had forgotten so many things! I found so many wonderful scarfs and printed dresses, I feel like I have a whole new wardrobe.  It also great because its prompted me to have a bit of a clear out and begin afresh, new beginnings and all! It is a little hard to part with certain things - mainly hats (I have so many, probably over 50!) 

I'll post some pictures of my new home very soon. I'm just putting the finishing touches to it all and starting the garden. We're going to build a cob oven too (much more on that at a later date!)

x



Outfit Details

 1960s Chinese embroidered waistcoat from Enjoy

Handmade 1970s dress in folk floral pattern

Turkish headscarf

Pom pom headdress based on a traditional Hungarian design made by Penny MacBeth

Beaded necklaces from h&m

                                        

7 comments:

  1. Good god darling you are a vision in all that color and embroidery. Your style speaks to my desire to color the world, so glad you left me a comment so I could follow you.
    Stay beautiful!
    XXOO
    Krista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment! It's always a delight to find other colour lovers, they are few and far between! XX

      Delete
  2. My goodness! Greetings, o lovely colourful one!!
    Thank you for leaving a lovely comment....so glad you did, I'm evry happy to meet your spectacular self! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. You are really too beautiful. This is like Julia Margaret Cameron photography come to life in Color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Style with drama and colour. Thank you for your comment because it led me to your wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Utterly fabulous and perfect lighting, too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good gracious, I had no idea you lived in such a vibrant and beautiful world! Utterly gorgeous. Thank you so much for linking with my via my blog and facebook. It's good to know your inspiring self. Diane of c.Art. xx

    ReplyDelete