Friday 28 June 2013

Kew Gardens














Having handed my thesis in April I have been making use of my newly acquired freedom by going on all the days out I never had time to do whilst writing! In May I visited Kew Gardens with my friend Boe. It was the most beautiful weather, the temperature was just perfect and it started drizzling just as we were leaving (horray!!) I hadn't visited Kew since I was 8 years old so it was wonderful to go back and find it just the same as it was in my memory. My favourite places at Kew are the Princess of Wales Conservatory which houses all the cacti and carnivorous plants and the Marianne North gallery which houses North's vast ouvre of botanical drawings. People often miss out the North gallery as its a little hidden away (left of the pagoda) but it really is a beautifully arranged space and makes a lovely rest bite from the warmth of the conservatories!

I have lots to catch up on; so many photos to post, so expect more very soon!

Lally

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photography; I always look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photographs are so delicious. I've never been but you make me really want to :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment on my blog, I went through your and absolutely love your style, full of references but very unique and original at the same time! I am so glad you see some pictures through Sue. absolutely in love with your work and feel strangely connected to you xxx

    ReplyDelete