Sunday 22 February 2015

A week in photographs





Hello! So I've decided that I'm going to do a few more short(ish) posts in between my more labour intensive ones. I take hundreds of pictures on my phone each week which mostly just languish on my computer or, if they're lucky, make it onto my Instagram so it would be nice if they got used in a more useful way.  The past week has been particularly busy and visually enticing, I hung the exhibition at The Glorious Art House last weekend with my mum. Whilst I was in Exeter I visited RAMM, which I wholeheartedly recommend if only for the wonderful rose pink walls. My boyfriend and I celebrated Valentines late with a lazy pancake morning on Shrove Tuesday. I'm not much of a pancake fan but I made American style ones with added cinnamon and they were fluffy perfection! I spent the rest of the week painting and beginning a large scale embroidery I am making for an exhibition alongside my brother and mumma coming up in April (more on that at a later date!) The week was rounded off with a visit to the Eden Project yesterday for The West Country Folklore Symposium that I mentioned in my last post.

I mentioned in the last post that I'd post a few photographs from our exhibition at The Glorious Art House so it's quite heavy on pictures from there. The exhibition is on until Thursday, so there's still plenty of time to visit.

In other news the much anticipated (by me at least) new album, God's Hand, by Hot sugar leaked this week, it's SO good. Probably the greatest ever. You can get it here and check out all his other amazing stuff here. He's been getting so much good press lately due to Broad City sampling some his bits on their second season, it's always good to see someone get the success they're due!

Hope you all had a great weekend.

The Virgin of Guadalupe I, 2014
Paintings and soft sculpture by Penny MacBeth
Penny MacBeth

Downstairs in the cafe of The Glorious Art House
Me trying to look fancy at the private view

God in Bottle's by Penny MacBeth & Prints by me
Our Valentines inspired grotto
Visit to Ramm Exeter from L-R: East Russian horned hat, beautiful butterfly collection, freakily large bug, more amazing butterflies!
L-R: silly selfie in my new H&M dress, candy cane socks from the sales, beautiful plasterwork from the book Mexico Living, gorgeous rose pink walls at RAMM.

L-R: One of a selection of cards I made for Valentines day, fruity collage, breakfast of American pancakes, bananas, walnuts, maple syrup and coffee, more collaging!
Masked Folk, 2015
My stand at the West Country Folklore Symposium 

The pot plants of my 1970s dreams at The Eden Project
The only picture I got of my ensemble yesterday (wearing Portuguese folk dance skirt, Hungarian embroidered waistcoat and a vintage cotton dress from Past Times. All accessories made by Penny MacBeth.)

X

5 comments:

  1. I so wish I was down your way so I could see the exhibition, which looks AMAZING. But at least it's great to get a peek via these images. Definitely another eye-feast of a post - I always come away feeling like I'm invigorated by colour and creative dynamism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good, I wish I was down that way to see it, I love all the pieces, so colourful and happy!! Perfect, you look amazing doll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked out Hot Sugar and by chance played Your Nails Look So Pretty while I was scrolling through this post - awesome combination! Your show looks fantastic. And you are art yourself. Your style and art, and your mum's art too, inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours in your posts and your instagram photos - they are delicious eye candy! I would have loved to see that exhibit in person - you and your Mum make wonderful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wooow, love your blog!!! All your artwork is amazing, it´s everything I love haha. And your style is great too!! is there an online store? xx

    ReplyDelete