Monday 21 September 2015

Gyllyngdune Gardens Tea Festival




This is just a very snappy post as I'm feeling exceptionally tired after a rather busy day at Gyllyngdune Gardens yesterday. As I mentioned in my last post, it was the tea festival. I along with my mum, Caroline and Sally Crabtree spent the day entertaining guests. My mum and I through the medium of tea bag fabric and buckets of fresh blooms, which we used to craft costumes and headdresses for an army of small children and Sally as a walking, talking, interactive tea table (see pictures below!) Luckily the sun shone for us and it was so popular that we ran out of everything! 

Here are few snaps of our day. I dressed in my finest tea gown and gradually adorned myself with flowers and ribbons as the day progressed. By the end of the afternoon the gardens were dotted with people carrying bunches of posies, flowers in their hair and a lots of children running about in tea gowns!

The tea festival is a lovely event, I didn't get to see all that much as we were working but I did slip out at the end to catch John Brolly's tale of the Horniman family performed in the atmospheric (but freezing!) quarry garden.

Linking to Visible Monday !
















Outfit Details

1930s pink satin theatre gown - gift from my mum

1960s fake flower hat with gauze bow - charity shop

Butterfly brooch - Penny MacBeth

Turquoise jelly shoes - Juju footwear

Green silk kimono - my mums 

8 comments:

  1. Your squad is literally everything I've ever wanted and more in female companionship <3

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your outfit. That pink 1930s gown combined with the tights, jellies and green kimono is perfection. Your mum certainly seems to have some amazing items in her stash. Does she practice magic or something? How does she come by all these amazing things? Yes, I imagine that was extremely tiring. We run an annual event at work, optimistically called a fun day. The children enjoy it but I need to lie down in a darkened room afterwards! Well done for all the hard work. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete

  3. ..but how wonderful all this ?! Romantic humor and beautiful flowers! This dress is fantastic and the shoes you choose are perfect! This post is for me like watching a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cracking outfit, you look like the wrappers in a tin of Quality Street!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love this outfit, the dress and theatre gown is perfection :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a wonderful event! Pretty outfit, as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful arty princess, dear Lally.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like such an uplifting event, brimful of playful imagination. Love the thought of visitors and children gradually becoming embellished with flowers and tea gowns, almost like they were part of the artists' materials in assembling a huge, moving, colourful installation.

    ReplyDelete