Friday 27 June 2014

Glorious Colour




I'm on a bit of an all out colour binge at the moment. Maybe it's the sunshine or maybe it's just the increasing amount of beige I see every day but I really feel the need to stack beads, colours, textures and go for it full whack. This ensemble in constructed from various items from my mum's studio. The jacket is hand embroidered by her and lined with a gorgeous floral fabric she got in Istanbul. The pom pom bracelets have recently been added to our Etsy shop, they come in a whole variety of colours and are so jolly to wear, they brighten my mood instantly. I've always been a big fan of colour, I find it very hard to imagine not getting up and putting on something bright. One of my all time heroes is Kaffe Fassett (a fellow colour enthusiast). I saw his exhibition Life in Colour at the FTM last year and it was so beautiful. I met him too which was quite the dream, I left feeling like I'd visited another world! I recently found that his programme Glorious Colour is available to watch on 4oD, it's so inspiring; I definitely recommend it.  I'm just plotting now how I can get to his latest exhibition at The American Museum in Bath! 

I've had a very inspiring week, I've had so many ideas for new pictures and projects so I'm sure you'll all be seeing some of them soon! 

I hope you are all well and thank you so much for all the lovely birthday wishes on my last post, they really made me smile. 



Outfit Details

 Embroidered jacket- Penny MacBeth

Turquoise dress edged with red pom poms- Penny MacBeth

Pom Pom bangles- Mrs MacBeth's

Various beads- charity shops

Floral Headdress- Mrs MacBeth's

All artwork by Penny MacBeth (similar shrines are available here)

X


18 comments:

  1. I first discovered Kaffe Fassett when I was learning to knit. I am such a fan. I'm pretty certain that he would be inspired by YOU, Lally. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you that's so sweet of you! He is fabulous isn't he? I'm trying really hard to get good enough at knitting to make one of his amazing waistcoats! I'll get there one day hopefully. X

      Delete
  2. Stunning look. ;-)
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm Delighted you came for a Blog Visit so that I could Discover your Gloriously Colorful Blog! *Swooning* Love the entire Ensemble, how could you not feel Happy wearing something so Cheerful!?! Couldn't get my temperamental computer to add me as a follower so I've added you to the sidebar of my Blog instead for now so that my Supporters can find you too and have a Wonderful Splash of Color in their Day!

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO UNIQUE !
    C
    http://visualthink.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The skirt/s with the jacket look so good!! Where are they from? I love the hand-embroidery, so sweet! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! My mum made the jacket and the dresses (I'm wearing two layered). X

      Delete
  6. Fantastically gorgeous. Explosions of colour - too bad you don't leak all over those beigers. I at least hope they also feast in the delights of your candied self passing by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well Hello!! Thanks for commenting on my little blog. You are a vision of loveliness in all that fabulous colour. The bangles with pompoms are divine, and so is the embroidered jacket. Must now go check your shop out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe it's because Blue & Orange are complementary colours or because the Dress & Jacket just look so unique & fabulous together, but I like them both!!!

    Follow the Royal Peach

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember being enthralled by Kaffe Fassett way back when. You don't seem to see him about so much any more. What do you think of Tricia Guild? She's another one with amazing colour sense. Your mother is amazingly talented. I love her work and you are the perfect model for it. I love these photos so much, they are so inspiring. What a team! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! I love that this is SO colourful! Beautiful look and photos! <3

    GIVEAWAY on my blog! Come and join:

    http://badtastetoasttoast.blogspot.de/2014/06/lingering-petrichor-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are such an inspiration!!! Love your blog!

    http://fashionindahat.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved Kaffe Fassett's designs. I'm sure I still see his embroidery kits advertised in magazines I've read in the doctor's. You look wonderful, my weekly colour fix! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that's what I call an entirely apt blog post title! This vibrant fix of jewel-intense-colour induces only good feelings. Absolutely love your 'going for it full whack' approach.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a colorful style! I love it!!
    and thank you for your comment on my blog <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like your pictures :)

    _________________________

    http://femaleslickrick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete