Monday 9 June 2014

In Bloom



The best part of having a new home is that everyone who visits seem to bring delightful blooms! I've received several bunches of flowers this week and these are my favourites; some gorgeous Stocks and Sweet Williams. I love having flowers around the house, the smell and colours never fail to lighten my mood (even when it's drizzling outside!)

I've recently dug out all my favourite pink silk dresses and jackets. They didn't get a lot of wear in London as I was always a little worried for them on the tube (it's so grubby!) Cornwall is a much friendlier environment for them. This little satin bed jacket is so sweet, it was a christmas present from my mum and it again came from our local Oxfam.

Today I've spent the day baking banana loaf which is my new favourite, it's so easy, super quick and is nearly healthy (hah!) I've also been sorting my various bits of china. I have been collecting fruit and vegetable pieces for a long time but only recently have I branched out into raspberry tarts!


I was SO excited when I found this dish at car boot a few weeks ago, it was very hard to contain myself. I thought they were going to charge me lots of money for it because I was jumping around and smiling like a loon. Anyway I asked how much they wanted and guess what? They only wanted 50p!!! It's definitely one of my best purchases ever, I have for some reason always loved raspberry tarts. We used to grew raspberries when I was small and my mum used to make the most delicious raspberry tarts in the summertime. I have very fond memories of my brother and I picking them for her and eating quite few at the same time!

I hope you've all had wonderful weekends.

Linking my raspberry tart to Share-in-Style





Outfit Details

1930s pink satin bed bed jacket, trimmed in blue satin- Oxfam

Floral Headdress- Penny MacBeth


x

15 comments:

  1. You are so magical, I know I always say the same, but in a world full of Zara jeans you are such a breath of fresh air, my dear friend, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Thank you sooooooooooooooo much for being part of Share-in-Style
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great deal on the dish! All your flowers are beautiful and so are these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flowers look more at home with you than they probably did in the garden. Raspberry tart. One of my favorite things. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining Share in Style, dear Lady! You're like "Divine Inspiration"! Happy to find you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful bed jacket and a wonderful pie dish! I get ridiculously overexcited about bargains, too - no wonder ll the sellers at the boot sale laugh at me! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love getting flowers so I buy them for myself when I can't resist. My favorites are dahlias fir the variety of blooms. You are looking lovely among the flowers.
    Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these pictures of you peeking out from behind the gorgeous old fashioned blooms. I rather like the look of that pink vase with the robin on it too. So colourful and decorative. That raspberry tart dish is quite extraordinary. 50p? And a 1930s bed jacket from Oxfam. You must have superpowers in the vintage finding department. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful photos Lally! That dish is wonderful, great find! Colour really cheers me up too :D X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic photos Lally. Thanks for visiting my blog. Much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are stunning pictures, adore all the floral!! You look wonderful. Thank you very much for visiting my blog as now I was able to see yours & I love it!! I hope you are well & wish you a lovely day!! Kizzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just looked through your blog and wow, it's magical! Love your original style and your beautiful photos :)

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos! Love the dish and your style is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe I've only just found your blog! your style is perfection you really do look like a pre-Raphaelite beauty and your photos are amazing <3

    Aida
    x

    http://sunshinesuperwoman.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an incredibly beautiful post (and blog)! You are a true artist!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Flowers on your hair is wonderful!! *_*

    ReplyDelete