Friday 20 June 2014

Time for Tea


My birthday is coming (on Monday!) I'll be 24 but that doesn't mean I've grown up! Here I am having a teddy bear's picnic with the oldest bear I have had the pleasure of meeting. His name is King Edward VII and he belonged to my Granny. He is very well behaved for a bear; he has excellent table manners- no paws in honey pots here! The dolly belonged to my Great Auntie, who I spoke about in the last post. She has the loveliest matching outfit, I really wish it was full size! All the flowers are from my mama's garden which is currently in full bloom and looks so beautiful.

I'll be celebrating my birthday on Sunday with a 1920s tea party (populated by humans not bears!) It's been such gorgeous weather here this last week so I really hope the sun sticks around. We will be tucking into cucumber sandwiches and Dill Gin Rickey's (recipe here) and hopefully a slice of cake or two. I'll be sure to take some pictures to show you all.  

I hope you all have beautiful weekends and get to enjoy the sunshine as much as possible. 



Details

1930s mint green and pink ex theatre dress- Vintage sale


Teacups & teapot- belonged to my great aunt

X

14 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday for Monday! Love these sweet photos and I know Krista will, too! 24 is definitely too young to be grown up - I'm double that and act like a kid! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Almost Birthday! You look a lot like your Auntie's dolly. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 24? God, how wonderful. Happy birthday to you, Lally! Enjoy every single second of being young and beautiful. Being grown up is overrated as I'm sure you know. Love your Marie Antoinette dress and all that gorgeous colour. Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope never to grow up inside either, my dearest friend.
    happy Birthday, and happy tea party
    Wonderfullllllllllllllll

    ReplyDelete
  5. <3 <3 <3 happy almost birthday, have a ball!! XxX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photos and the stories of both Bear and Dolly. You look like a true princess from a fairy tale - heart capturing! Have a fun party, and happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Almost birthday, I hope you enjoy your party too!! One should never grow up enough that a tea party with bears is not needed, I love it!! You look wonderful. Many birthday wishes to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful. There is such a picture book charm about these photos. Your gown and headpiece are divine. Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous images:) I also keep most of my childhood toys...some of them I have given to baby cousins and so but I would never give up on them or God forbid get rid of them....you look wonderful, I absolutely adore the abundance of colour!

    I hope you have a splendid birthday!

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy, happy belated birthday - I hope that your tea party celebrations were extravagant and cake-fuelled. Gorgeous images. How lovely that you have your grandma's bear. I have one of my late grandmother's bears - a tiny one that fits inside my closed hand. And my mum has the other, a very ancient old bear with neither of his glass eyes remaining, fur all dropped out, splits in his fabric that can't be mended and moth holes (destruction to all clothes moths....). However, he is still much loved.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post I love the colours and happy birthday!! :) nice blog

    _________

    http://femaleslickrick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your outfits and photos are so vibrant, like brilliant paintings! So delighted to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. First of all... a Happy, if belated, Birthday to you! ❤

    I adore the teacups & teapot... (I have a thing for mugs & cups)!
    And that headpiece you're wearing, it reminded me of the turkish head pieces & scarves when I was small. My grandmother & mother would adorn them with colourful beads & crocheted strands of embroidery floss. *sighs* Good times!

    Thank you for the add, I did right back on GFC.

    ReplyDelete